A blog for discussions on media, political and cultural issues of South Asian and international significance

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Introductions

There are so many media blogs out there, what's so special about this one? Why does it have such a boring title? Why does it exist?

Well, to answer the easy questions first - there's nothing special about this blog, and I couldn't think of a clever enough title for it which would convey what the blog's about, so that takes care of concerns (1) and (2). There are several reasons for why I've decided to waste webspace by putting this blog up:

1. Ever so often, I come across interesting articles on the Net which I post to friends and listserves of which I am a member. However, given the limited membership of the listserves (and the very limited patience of my friends), I rarely get feedback or comment on these articles. This blog is therefore, primarily, a means of promoting interaction and discussion on certain issues which interest me.

2. Blogs have taken off in a big way, and blogger.com seems to be going very strong. I have no backups for the stuff I send, and write, and they exist solely on my computer. Posting to this blog is some sort of insurance against computer-related disasters.

So I look forward to comments, questions, suggestions and further posts from people out there, I promise to post all comments which are not "offensive", whether or not I agree with the content in them.

Happy blogging to me!

Prithvi.

No comments:

Blog Archive